Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Card Share

Hello All!

Today was another warm one so I thought I would stay indoors and share with you a Thank You card I made. I saw a card on Pinterest that had vellum flowers on it and thought what a great technique...I have to try this!


I started with a card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" made from Bazzil's Swiss Dot. I then stamped some flowers onto pink, blue and frosted shimmer vellum using Versa Mark ink and then coated the inked images with white embossing powder. Using my heat tool I melted the embossing powder, being very careful to let the heat tool warm up some before heating the vellum. The vellum will warp if too much heat is applied.



I fussy cut the flowers out and added a few stroked of coordinating markers to each petal, starting the stroke from the center of the flower outwards. I added a candy dot and stickles to the centers of the flowers. I then punched out some leaves and highlighted the larger ones with some distress inks. I cut a wide strip of pattern paper and adhered it to the front of the card. I cut a thinner strip of pattern paper and snipped a banner point on one end. I then adhered that to the front overlapping the wider strip just a little.

Using a paper doily as a base, I adhered the leaves and flowers, popping up the flowers as I went with dimensional adhesive squares. I then adhered the vellum flower doily to the front of the card and trimmed off the one side of the doily to be flush with the side of the card.

This vellum flower technique is addictive! I will be heading to the craft stores in search for more colors of vellum!!!


Hope you all had a terrific Tuesday and thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...
~Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment