Thursday, June 27, 2013

Painted Tote

Painted Canvas Tote

Hello again...I wanted to share another project I made. I had this canvas tote, for years now, that the kids had used for school (they are now all in their 20's)! I use it to carry my coupons in when I hit the craft stores and thought...I need to be totin' my coupons in style...LOL! The tote had a few stains on it and two small rips in the side so I thought I would give it some new life.

This tote measures 12" high (not including the handles) x 13" wide. It is off white in color, so I painted the front with white acrylic paint with some Textile Medium mixed in. When I got to the edges I just feathered out the edges. Once the paint had dried I lightly drew my design on with a pencil. I added Textile Medium to all of my acrylic paint colors and then started filling in the design.

When I was finished painting the design I outlined everything with a black permanent fine tip pen. I let it dry over night and then turned the bag inside out so I could heat set the painted design from the 'inside' with a dry iron and a pressing cloth covering the painted design, pressing each section for about 20 seconds. You must wait 7 days for the curing to be complete before washing the item (these were the instructions for the Textile Medium I used...always check the manufactures instructions on the particular medium you may use).


This is the backside of the Painted Tote.

A close-up.
*My coupons now have a fun place to call home!*

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!


Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Card Share

Hello All!

Today was another warm one so I thought I would stay indoors and share with you a Thank You card I made. I saw a card on Pinterest that had vellum flowers on it and thought what a great technique...I have to try this!

I started with a card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" made from Bazzil's Swiss Dot. I then stamped some flowers onto pink, blue and frosted shimmer vellum using Versa Mark ink and then coated the inked images with white embossing powder. Using my heat tool I melted the embossing powder, being very careful to let the heat tool warm up some before heating the vellum. The vellum will warp if too much heat is applied.

I fussy cut the flowers out and added a few stroked of coordinating markers to each petal, starting the stroke from the center of the flower outwards. I added a candy dot and stickles to the centers of the flowers. I then punched out some leaves and highlighted the larger ones with some distress inks. I cut a wide strip of pattern paper and adhered it to the front of the card. I cut a thinner strip of pattern paper and snipped a banner point on one end. I then adhered that to the front overlapping the wider strip just a little.

Using a paper doily as a base, I adhered the leaves and flowers, popping up the flowers as I went with dimensional adhesive squares. I then adhered the vellum flower doily to the front of the card and trimmed off the one side of the doily to be flush with the side of the card.

This vellum flower technique is addictive! I will be heading to the craft stores in search for more colors of vellum!!!

Hope you all had a terrific Tuesday and thanks for stopping by!

Until next time...

Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's Thursday Folks!

Good morning to all and just a Father's Day card share. Right before Father's Day I was at my local Michael's store and was rummaging through their clearance bins. I came across a Tim Holtz stamp set, from his Visual Artistry Collection 'Curious Possibility', which contains the three gentlemen stamp and thought...Father's Day! 

I started out making the card base from Bazzil Dot cardstock in a light tan color. I stamped and embossed the image with black embossing powder and matted it onto some pattern paper from the Lost & Found 6 x 6 paper pad 'Rosy'. I then die cut some burlap paper and another pattern paper from the same paper pad. I  added letter stickers, from lilybee designs ABC stickers, to spell 'dad'. I took some washi tape with a mustache theme, from studio g, and placed three strips on the left side of the matted embossed image. All of this was mounted on a pattern paper from The best of Echo Park Paper pad. This was adhered to the front of the card.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy YOUR Thursday!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Another One of My Drawings

Hello, again, Wednesday!

Here I am again and I just wanted to share another one of my drawings. I was wanting to do a drawing of a little boy this time and got this vision of a boy on a hobby horse (at least that's what I'm calling it).

I outlined the entire drawing with a Micron black pen and colored it all in with Prisma colored pencils and used a blender pencil to smooth out the coloring.
This will be going into my mixed media journal.

Thanks for visiting and until next time...

Anniversary Card

Hello Wednesday!
(This post is from May 2013)

     I've been spending most of my evening, today, scanning and saving some of my son's photos for an album I will be making him. My tech-side is not the greatest and I had a heck of a time trying to figure out my scanner settings, BUT I have succeeded and I was able to scan and save all of his photos...whew! 

     I would like to share an Anniversary card I made for my parents. They celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary...can you say AWESOME! 

     Here is the card...

I decided to do an all white card. I used lots of texture by using the Woodgrain and Swiss Dot embossing folders. I die-cut the flowers and curled the petals to give depth. I punched out the butterflies and leaves and embellished with some self-adhesive pearls, then mounted the whole frame onto some Bazzil dotted cardstock.

The card is an A2 size...4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Thanks for stopping by!