Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Art Journal Page

Hello All!

I sure hope your are getting some Spring weather! Winter has really been trying to keep a hold on our weather here. We've had crazy roller coaster- like days...warm and sunny one day and then cold winds, gray skies and snowfall. I have to say that Winter sure is giving Spring a fight, LOL.

So I've had some time to finally work in my art journal. The problem with me is that I love to work with all kinds of mediums, hence, sometimes not getting too far in the creative process. The one thing I have done since I was a little girl is draw. I use to draw paper dolls and 'mermaid' paper dolls for my sister and our friends, just drawing on any kind of paper. We would color them, cut them out and just PLAY! So I am finally getting back to my drawing and I'm enjoying it.





.I've started out by drawing the lady's face and then watercoloring her. I then watercolored my background and added drops of alcohol to represent spots of 'sparkle'.  I cut the lady's head out and adhered her to the background. I added stickles, glossy accents and sequins to the background and added the title 'find your SPARKLE'. 

This entry has really sparked the itch to do some more drawings...I definitely will be squeezing in some time to do just that!

Thanks for stopping by and create something today!

~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment