Monday, March 10, 2014

Altered Clipboard Swap 2014...take 2

Good Day to All!

I'm enjoying another Spring-like day today and hope you, too, are having a wonderful day! I thought I would take a moment and write before I get on with my day of errands and chores.

As promised, I wanted to share the clipboard I received from the Altered Clipboard Swap I participated in with the scrapbook group I belong to. My partner was Jodie, the Douglas County Scrapbook Group's organizer and one of my friends. Let me just say...GORGEOUS! Jodie asked me what style or theme I would like my clipboard to be and I said I really like shabby chic, I also like color, but not dark colors and to just surprise me. Wow...did she surprise me! 

Take a look...


Isn't this sooo pretty? She covered the clipboard with a beautiful pink paper that has a white flocked motif. Two rows of bling line the top and a dainty paper lace border lies below it. A dramatic blinged out clip is so gorgeous and I still can use the clip to hold a photo or small calendar. The bottom is adorned with bits of a crochet doily, paper roses, pearls, sprays of flowers, rhinestones and beads. A butterfly, rhinestone crown and birdbath with birds are tucked among the roses with a sparkly feather-like accent and a soft white feather, too.


Can we all say OMG?!?? Every bit of this clip is blinged out with pearls and rhinestones! So much yumminess clustered together. : )


Here is a close-up of the bottom of the clipboard. Beautiful paper roses she touched with gesso and sprinkled with glitter. Notice the pretty floral sprays that climb up the sides of the board along with the touches of pearls, special accents and doilies? I can tell so much love was put into this project and I'm so honored to be the recipient of this masterpiece!

Thank you Jodie for my clipboard!  : )

 To see more detail on this clipboard, and other great videos, you can go to Jodie's YouTube channel....
MissPurplePotato

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

~Karen





No comments:

Post a Comment