Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hello All!

Today I want to share with you a birthday card I made for our Daughter's 21st birthday. I can't believe our youngest child is 21...but you know that doesn't mean I'm getting older, LOL, I wish!
Anywhoo...I had so much fun creating this card. I recently purchased the We R Memory Keepers Lucky 8 Punch 'Frilly Lace' and was playing around with it. I took a scrap 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock and  punched out the frilly circle. I thought, how else can I use this circle besides using it for a circle background? I started folding it and I stumbled onto the off-set folded half circle. Yes! This would be so pretty tri-folded into a card and of course, I had to make one in PINK, since that is my daughter's favorite color. I will now share some photos of the result...



This is the front of the card. I tri-folded the punched off-set half circle and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I added a pink ribbon between the folded circle so that I would be able to keep the card closed. I then decorated the card with some punched pattern paper, feathers, a flower I added Diamond Stickles to, some punched leaves, '21' stickers, gems and a handmade stick pin.


This is the back of the card. Again, I punched some pattern paper and sprayed it randomly with some handmade spray paint in pink. I used a stencil and inked through it with Vintage Photo Distress ink and then randomly used some gesso and spread it through the same stencil. Before  adding  the Tim Holtz die to either side of the back of the card and wrapping this to the front sides, I added some white Picket Fence Distress paint to the die cuts and then lightly sponged some Vintage Photo ink on top. I then added some jewels (everything needs a little sparkle!).


This is the inside of the card. I printed out a sentiment onto some white cardstock and cut it to fit inside, adding some extra length to the bottom so I could fold up that section, sort of like a pocket,  that way we could write our wishes to our daughter and it could be hidden for only her to read (it's also a great way to add a gift card or money). I punched out some leaves and inked them, as well, with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I added a few more jewels to finish off the inside.

Well, there you have it and our daughter LOVED her card! 

Please give this technique a try and I bet you will come up with other ways to use the circles/squares made with the We R Memory Keepers Luck 8 Punches!

Have a blessed & wonderful week!

      ~Karen~

No comments:

Post a Comment