Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Card Share

Hello all!

It's been a while since I've shared anything with you. Hope your holidays of 2013 were wonderful and blessed and now onto 2014!

I have a friend who recently had knee surgery and I wanted to send her a card to hopefully brighten her day while she was recuperating.  I thought...how about sending her some SUNSHINE (get it, brighten her day...sunshine...LOL)! Anywhoo, I had some dry embossed pieces of paper I had made from different embossing folders and went through my stash. I came across a 'cloud' embossed piece (not sure the name of the embossing folder, maybe from Stampin' Up?) and thought how cute it would be for a background for a sun. 
I did some watercolor for the sky part and then cut out a large circle from yellow cardstock for the sun. I then cut out some rays for the sun, from the same cardstock, and cut out cheeks from pink cardstock and a nose from a light orange cardstock. I glued on the cheeks and nose to the sun and drew on the sun's face, then highlighted the cheeks and nose with a white gel pen. I cut out three circles from three different shades of green cardstock and layered them on top of each other to create fields of grass. I punched out some flowers and leaves to add to the grass areas and added stickles to the centers of the flowers. I then printed out the sentiment and cut it into a banner shape for the front of the card. 

I think it turned out pretty cute and hope it will bring a smile to my friend's face!


Happy Crafting All!

~Karen~



No comments:

Post a Comment