Sunday, April 28, 2013

3" X 3" Card Swap

Howdy Everyone!

     Hope you're enjoying  Spring-like weather! I think, where I live, that Spring has finally Sprung! We really needed the moisture, but I just wish it wouldn't have been in the snow form. Anywhoo...the snow is gone and the temps have now reached into the mid 70's...perfect!

 I just wanted to share my entry of a swap I entered with the Douglas County Scrapbook Group, a scrapbook group I belong to. We were to make a handmade 3" x 3" note card with envelope and we needed to make 10 total, since there are 10 of us who joined in. The rules stated that there needed to be at least two embellishments on the card and had to include some sort of sentiment...Happy Birthday, For You, Welcome Baby, etc. The envelope also had to be handmade with an option to stamp or decorate the front of the envelope.


This is my 3" x 3" note card. 
I used a dotted embossed navy cardstock as the base of the card. I cut a piece of pattern paper a little shorter than the front of the card and punched small holes along the bottom with a hole punch. I then crocheted a simple chain edge with white crochet string. Then I punched a scalloped circle with a punch and cut out a circle from the middle. Next, I stamped 'for you' and a heart with red ink onto white cardstock and cut that into a circle, adding red stickles to the heart. I added that to the middle of the scalloped circle using pop-dots. I tied a red satin bow around the pattern paper and then added three circles to the bottom that I punched from pattern paper. That all was then glued to the front of the card using my ATG gun.



This is the matching envelope.
I stamped a blue plaid scallop circle onto the front. I then stamped a blue heart onto some scrap cardstock, cut it out, added blue stickles and attached it to the envelope with a pop-dot.


This is a side view of the envelope. I added a 1/4" gusset to accommodate the bow from the front of the card. I also lined the envelope with blue polka dot pattern paper.

-----*-----

Thanks to Sheryl ( gemzisle on YT ) and gemzisle.blogspot.com for the tutorial on how to  make this type of envelope!   : D

-----*-----


This was so much fun and I can't wait to see the cards made by the other swappers! 
Have an awesome rest of your day and get out and enjoy the sunshine!

Until next time...
~Karen~




No comments:

Post a Comment