Monday, April 14, 2014

Art Journal Page

Happy Monday All!

Well, we've received some Spring snowfall. It started yesterday afternoon and stopped snowing sometime in the wee hours of this morning. I know that the moisture is greatly needed here for the upcoming spring/summer time, but I'm truly over winter. Thank goodness the sun is shining today and I can see the snow melting. The sound of the birds' songs, along with the sunshine, brings me back that it really is Spring! 

Anywhoo...I wanted to share another art journal page. I had started this drawing back in 2013 and have come back to finish it. I do enjoy my coffee in the mornings and so this drawing reflects the warmth and comfort that first cup of java gives me. The swirls of coffee names around the drawing's head rises up from the steam of the hot coffee. Again, I colored this with Prisma color pencils and blended with gamsol. The 'steam' was created with chalk pencils and smeared with a tiny cotton ball.



I hope Spring is in full bloom where you are and I encourage you to do a little 'creative play' today.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment