Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

Hello Everyone!

OK, today is May 1st and guess what's happening outside? SNOW!!! I woke to it snowing like crazy and as I'm writing this it's still SNOWING! Well, we do need the moisture here and it has been warm the last couple of days so the snow isn't sticking to the streets or sidewalks...so I guess I will accept the moisture and I know that the coming days are warming up again, so the snow will be gone in no time.

On to the card I made the other day. It is a card for my father-in-law and yes, it's not very masculine, but he has been in the hospital going through some tough times for the past three weeks. So I thought a cheerful and colorful card might lift his spirits and hopefully make him smile. 

I visited a scrapbooking store called Simple Pleasures this past weekend and picked up this adorable tree die from Memory Box called 'Row of Trees'. I made the scene 3D and adhered it to the front of the card. This was so much fun to make and was my first attempt doing a dimensional scene with a frame...not too shabby, huh?

Sure hope this card brings a little joy into my father-in-laws day.


Thanks for dropping by and until next time~
*Karen*

No comments:

Post a Comment