Tuesday, November 10, 2015

SOME CARD CREATIONS OF 2015

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
 
         It's been a LONG while since I've spent some time on my blog and thought I needed to sit down and write a Happy Hello to you all and to share some creations I've made.  I was going through my pictures that I had downloaded to my laptop and came across some cards that I have created in the last six months. I thought I would share some of them with you. I don't recall all of the manufactures of the product I used, but some are K&COmpany, a wood element from Michael's, stars from Tim Holtz, Martha Stewart punches and watercolor paper from Strathmore.


             This was a Mother's Day card I created for my Mom. I used K&COmpany 3D stickers and an old chipboard frame that I covered with Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Picket Fence. I printed out the word 'Mom' on my computer and adhered it behind the chipboard frame. I also added mini pale yellow flat-backed pearls.


                I like the composition of the Mother's Day card so much that I created a Wedding card for my niece and her hubby. I used a wood grain paper from The Paper House and applied the K&COmpany 3D stickers to the background. I inked the edges of the wood cut-out frame and backed it with the words 'Mr. & Mrs.' that I, again, printed out from the computer. I then popped the frame up with foam squares and adhered it to the card.


                  This card is a Military Themed 'Congrats' card. I used a lot of what was in my stash which included...you guessed it...K&COmpany 3D stickers! I don't know about you all, but K&COmpany (in my opinion) has some of the prettiest stickers!



                         Now this card was super easy to put together thanks to this adorable 'Mustache' sticker that was a 4x6 size! I got it at Michael's in their clearance section and I'm sorry, but don't remember who the manufacture was : (
I attached the sticker to some red cardstock and had these light weight kraft paper numbers I found at JoAnn's for $1.00 a pack. I added 'platinum' stickles to the numbers and attached them to the card front along with some punched-out cardstock stars.


   
                   This is a Valentine card I made for my hubby this past Valentine's Day. Again, I used some papers from my stash and had a paper pack that included some papers with pre-printed sayings in 2x3 and 3x4 sizes. This one says 'life is good with you around' and I thought it was perfect for the background of my shaker. I added iridescent and red heart sequins in the shaker circle.


                     My other niece got married this month and I went for a soft vintage feel with this card. I used a white card base and layer. The doily stamps I used came from a pack of four by Little Yellow Bicycle. I stamped them with Versa Mark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I sponged Tumbled Glass Distress ink over them and attached a lace border punched edge to the top and bottom of my sentiment (Happy Wedding Day) that I printed out from my computer. The butterflies are adorned with small white flat-back pearl stickers and the butterfly punches are from Martha Stewart.



                         The last card I'm showing you, for this blog entry, is one I made for my sister's birthday. Her favorite time of the year is Fall and it just so happens her birthday is in October. So I decided to do a watercolor panel for her card front. I painted this wheelbarrow full of pumpkins on Strathmore heavy weight paper and then trimmed it down to fit onto my card base. It's pretty amateurish, but I think she will like it.

                        Well, that's all I have to share for now my friends. I hope you all enjoy these beautiful Fall days. With the holidays fast approaching, I may not be on the blog much, so let me take this time to wish you all a wonderful and thankful Thanksgiving and a happy Holiday season! May you be surrounded by loved ones and happy moments and remember..."Enjoy the little things in life because one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."  ~Kurt Vonnegut

Take care,
~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment